Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sunshine + revision =

So where to begin, it's been a while again!

So my exams have finally begun. I had my first one yesterday, so that's one down... five to go! My next one is tomorrow, I'm dreading it. Ugh. Must remember to refill my fountain pen!

I've been meaning to do a little post about my fountain pen, it's so beautiful. I asked for a really lovely one for my birthday, I've been using my £5 Parker pen for I don't know how long and I thought having a super lovely one would make note taking in lectures that little bit more enjoyable. It's made by a company called Cross and do you know the brilliant thing - it has a lifetime guarantee!! No need for a receipt, if it breaks then I can take it to any Cross retailer and I'll get a replacement, now that's good customer service.


It's a lovely pearlescent white and writes like a dream - thanks parents!

In other news I have been roasting this week, as I imagine everyone has - today was supposed to be rainy, I have yet to see any rain. On the weekend I went to Bristol as Michael is away this week so we had a lovely weekend. I went to visit my great aunt & uncle (this makes them sound ancient, but they're really not, I don't have a first aunt!) and their two children, Nicholas & Katie - along with their two beautiful new cocker spaniel puppies! I WANT ONE!!!!!! These puppies are both rescue pups but both are pedigrees. They are getting a brand new puppy soon, my aunt says she's going to let her have puppies and said I could have one if I wanted, when the time comes - how could I say no?! 

My aunt and uncle live in Weston Super Mare and by goodness there are some right horrors down there. Ugh. The amount of bright red skin I had to look at was just not pleasant. Along with the array of VILE tattoos (there seems to be a bit of a trend for men to have Mum and Dad tattooed on to their boobs, nice) it just wasn't great. Then we saw a massive fight which was great. And then two incidents of beach rescue. It's a bit of a mare at Weston as the tide goes soooo far out and then people walk out to it and then when it starts coming back in, it's very quick so people who don't think about these things get a little bit stuck! 

So yes, Michael is in Barcelona [lucky beast] this week while I'm stuck here doing exams and trying to revise, yawnnn. At least I have something to look forward to, tomorrow my parents and I are heading down to Cornwall 'til Sunday for my sister's birthday, she's 22! Madness. I'm really looking forward to it. I bought her present (while we were shopping on my birthday) from Ollie & Nic, it's a beautiful soft fold up purse and I want it! You can see it here. I'm going to get thrifty in a minute and make some hearts out of floral material for her to hang up in her room, just something nice, nothing fancy. And of course, an origami card as they are my speciality. 

Today I went for a little browse round the shops with my grandma. She was shopping for my sister's birthday present but had to get me something too - she's been doing this since we were little and even though my sister and I are now 22 and 24 respectively, she still has to give the other a present on the other's birthday! She is lovely, I love grandmas. Anyway, I said I wanted to expand my casual bracelet collection as I love wearing bracelets but I just don't have that many and I wanted some that I can wear all the time without bothering to take them off. So I got 2 leather braided bracelets from a little, wonderful, shop round the corner from me on Wellfield Road called Halcyon Daze. They were only £1.50 each (maybe they're not actually leather...). The pictures have come out a funny colour as I'm in my room but here they are anyway


The top two braided ones are the ones I got today, the straggly woven type ones underneath are from Barcelona last year and, yes, that is my Glastonbury wrist band from last year, I'm not leaving it on there to look like a dick I just keep forgetting it's there and haven't really got round to chopping it off, maybe now that it's coming up to a year I should really get round to it...

The other bracelet I got today was a bit of a bargain I thought, it was £6.99 from Ushi's, another shop on Wellfield Road but they also have branches elsewhere.  This has also come out a funny colour, it's mostly greens and golds on this one and I really love it. It's one of those that can be worn with anything and anywhere I think. It's got lovely little wooden beads on the ties too, love little details like that. Ushi's can be quite hit and miss, the clothing section definitely should only be approached if you are 50+ but they do have some lovely bits and pieces in there:


Right I think that's more than enough for one post, I really must start doing more regular, shorter posts as I can't keep writing essays - I mean, who's really going to read all this?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments more than welcome :]