Monday 26 November 2012

The big smoke part II

I had lunch with my mum today and she gave me some more great ideas for London, so I thought I'd add them to my list:

Somerset House Ice Skating - in the long distant past I used to have ice skating lessons, sadly everything I learned have escaped from my brain, I now look like a baby deer trying to stand up for the first time, think Bambi. Nevertheless, it's always fun, especially if there's a big group with you to share the painful falls and inevitable pointing and laughing which comes with them. Plus Somerset House is just beautiful!

Next up is The Wallace Collection, this came to my mum's mind as she thought it was in Somerset House, but actually it's in Hertford House, which also looks bloomin' beauteous. It houses paintings, ceramics, sculpture, armour, furniture and more and I cannot wait to give it a go.

Then there's the V&A, I haven't been for a while and there's current exhibition which is beckoning me back, which is 'Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950'. What could be better than looking at two floors of beautiful dresses??

Pizza's here! Time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments more than welcome :]