Monday 2 April 2012

Zoom

Cor blimes that weekend went swiftly! At least I am on Easter break - hooraaaah!! No uni for a little while. However I have 12,000 words to write across 4 assignments over the next two weeks so I've got that little lot to look forward to, great (!). We are going on holiday for my dad's birthday during that time as well though, so that makes everything bearable.

I drove over to Bristol on Friday evening and we had a lovely weekend. On Saturday we skipped down to Weston Super Mare to visit my family. Weston was great fun! Unfortunately that one day out of the last I don't know how many decided to be cloudy and miserable so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. Here are a few:


Michael and Nicholas tried to have a go on this bad boy but it wasn't working! How rude!



Left to right: Katie, Auntie Trish, Michael, Nicholas and Uncle Peter behind.

I spent a grand total of £1 on the 2p machine, I got so bored by the last few coins I was hoping to lose, which I eventually did - Michael was on there for ages, loving it. Katie and Nicholas absolutely loved the pier, I had never seen anything like it, there were so many machines and games! Makes Barry Island look even worse than I already thought it was. 

I wore my dress as a shirt again on the weekend, I love it but it definitely needs more buttons, using safety pins all the time is way too much effort! Still don't know whether to have it as a shirt or dress...


Apologies for the awkward photo - I don't take photos of myself hence it's a bit pants but that's how the dress/shirt/whatever it is, is looking at the moment. 

Also, I had a couple of Jack Wills vouchers lying about and thought they'd been there long enough and with my lack of funds it was nice to buy something that didn't involve any money! This bag is on its way to me: the Rustington Duffle Bag. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to have it in my grubby mits. 

How did I forget to mention last night?! I met my friends Betti and Jenny for a drink yesterday afternoon in Bristol as they were going to a gig there, I was super jealous as I loved the band they were going to see, D.R.U.G.S.. Anyway as we were sitting there Jenny only managed to get bloody guest list! Which meant Michael and I got to see them and it was brilliant, they were super. So thanks to Jenny and her well connected friends.

I did a little bit of sewing today, I made myself a skirt from an old dress that just didn't look right and I taught myself how to do button holes on my machine - yes! Only tried two and they were both pretty poor but it's a start. 

I'll leave you with a picture of the magnolia tree in my parents' garden, it's just bloomed and looks beautiful


Mister Magnolia has only one boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments more than welcome :]