Friday 30 March 2012

Photos

Photos from the weekend:




Feeding the ducks (make that geese) was AMAZING!! 


This swan bit me. Charming.





A grey flamingo?!




I had to get this as a reminder of our time at Slimbridge. He's called Domingo.


Bodleian Library, loved loved loved it. I made Michael do a walking tour of locations in my most favourite recent read 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness. 



This is just an example of wrongness.

We had a super weekend away - despite terrifying single track country roads everywhere, I had to stop to let two peahens cross the road, we saw some pheasants and on the way back from Oxford at 11pm we saw loooads of rabbits, they were super cute and I managed not to squish any of them - success!

Since then I have done my first solo presentation at uni which I think went alright and am preparing for the Easter break. 

All my immediate family left the country today to go to Heidelberg and left me behind - nice! I have uni which I can't miss. Yawn. At least it means I get to have the little car, which means I can drive to uni tomorrow - hooray! - and drive to Bristol this weekend - hooray! - and it means I can go and visit my great aunt, great uncle and my lovely cousins, Nicholas and Katie in Weston Super Mare on Saturday. Candyfloss and seaside pictures to follow, woohoo!

Tomorrow I plan on doing more work to the dress I posted about previously here.  I wore it on the weekend in it's very unfinished state as a shirt with a tie at the bottom, it looked rather good so now I'm wondering whether to scrap it as a dress and make it a shirt, but I'm not sure yet. Will have to think about this one! 

I had my first job today via the JobShop at my uni and my GOODNESS it was KNACKERING!! I've never worked hospitality before and now I have a lot of empathy for people who do it full time. I was a 'hospitality runner' which basically entailed me running round the suites at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff bringing food, drink, extra cups to the suites and then clearing it all up afterwards. I had to panic buy black shoes this morning as I didn't have any that met the very precise description; and my feet were absolutely killing by the end, as I didn't sit down for 6 hours. Yikes, I'm probably not going to be doing that again in a hurry! 

Gute Nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments more than welcome :]